The West Antelope Valley Education Foundation and the High Desert Runners would like to invite you to the 10th annual Nutty Runners 5k AND 10K – race, fun run and walk. This is an event for everybody, including our four footed furry friends.
This year, we have our first ever 10K followed by our traditional 5k. We also are adding the NUTTY DOUBLE – the opportunity to display your nuttiness by running both races back to back. The races are held on the paths of beautiful Marie Kerr Park in Palmdale with medals for all finishers, free t-shirts (while supplies last), age group awards in 5 year brackets, valuable goodie bags and an awesome raffle!
Come join us and help support WAVE, an organization which provides funds for extra-curricular activities for the children in the Westside Union School District.
March 10, 2018 at Marie Kerr Park.
- All race participants get an entry into the raffle! Extra tickets available.
- T-Shirts guaranteed to the first 200 registered 5K/10k runners!
- All finishers receive a medal!
- 5 Year 5K/10K Age Divisions: 0- 12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+. 1st – 3rd finishers receive an engraving for their medal.
- Registration area is near the amphitheater at Marie Kerr Park.
- Entry Fees:
- $30 for adults, $20 for youth FOR EITHER THE 5K OR THE10K.
- $40 adults, $25 for youth to enter the NUTTY DOUBLE – the 10k AND the 5k!
- High Desert Runners members and Westside School District staff receive a $5 discount from adult registrations (check your club or district email for discount code.)
KID'S HALF MILE RACE
- Children's race registration is $10.
- All participants in the kid’s race get an award.
- Participants in the kid’s half-mile race do not get a race T-shirt, and they are not entered in the raffle.
VIRTUAL RACE CHALLENGE -
Unavailable to run/walk on March 10? You can still participate! You can still show your support to WAVE! You can still earn your High Desert Runners' Gran Prix Bonus Points! Participate in our virtual race!
Thanks to sponsors: LANCASTER WEST ROTARY, George's Cleaners, Cali Cafe, Hi-Tech Auto, Becoming Badass, Dancing Feet, DGS Flooring, Greg Galli Realtor, Lilia Case Realtor, Rockin' Jump, Desert Star Limousines, Tony Smith DC, and the Westside School District Management Team
- Register as a virtual runner - save $5 from "real" runner prices!
- Complete your 5k or 10k or Nutty Double (a 5k and 10K anytime on the same day) and submit your results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The virtual run may be completed anytime between Saturday March 3 and Sunday March 19.
- You will receive a race t-shirt (till supplies run out), your race medal(s) and any additional SWAG passed out at the race!
- HDR members will receive 5 Gran Prix Points for the 10K, 1 for the 5k, or 6 for the Nutty Double.
- Virtual Runners may pick up their shirts/medals and SWAG at the pre race registration - Vince's Pizza, Friday March 9, 4-8 pm.
Thanks to the following for providing some awesome awards and prizes: Runners Lane, Camille’s Cafe, Jamba Juice, Dry Town Water Park, Coldstone Creamery, George’s Cleaners, Hi Tech Auto, Vons, Trader Joes, and BJs Restaurant.
Thanks also to Vince’s Pasta and Pizza for sponsoring our pre race check in and pasta feed.